Definition of the skills & regulation framework of agriculturists/cultivators of super-foods & aromatic-medicinal herbs
It will be the result of:
- Scientific desk research on skills and regulation framework of cultivators of super foods and aromatic-medicinal herbs
- Statistical analysis about the skills and training capacity of agriculturists and superfoods/ aromatic herbs processors
- Identification of ICT skills during the agriculturists professional development
This report will provide an overview of the recorded skills (soft skills and ICT skills) of the cultivators/ agricultural workers of super foods and aromatic-medicinal herb as well as the regulation framework for their education, training and skills capacity, existing in Greece, Spain and Italy. The partners after having involved all relevant agricultural actors and research bodies in their country will:
A. identify existing regulatory framework and relevant initiatives (i.e. National Agricultural Body, University Departments in the research field of Agricultural, VET institutions, Unions of Agricultures) in their national context;
B. will present the training capacity and professional skills of agriculturists of super foods and aromatic-medicinal herbs as well as present good practices on knowledge exchange at training level.
Guidebook on Fundamental Principles of vertical integration production of super-foods & aromatic-medicinal herbs
It will be the result of:
- Preparation of a guidebook on proposed innovative methods of vertical integration production, cultivating and processing of super foods and aromatic-medicinal herbs;
- Integration of the Guidebook on Fundamental Principles of vertical integration production of super-foods & aromatic-medicinal herbs.
This guidebook will provide an overview of the fundamental principles for vertical integration production of superfoods and aromatic-medicinal herbs which are produced in participating European countries, such as Greece, Spain and Italy. The aim is to gather and present the principles of cultivation, processing and quality assurance of production of products like superfoods and aromatic-medicinal plants.
The partners after having involved all relevant agricultural unions and agricultural research bodies of their country which will give them access to the demanded information will:
A. gather and record cases studies on cultivating and processing of super foods and aromatic-medicinal herbs coming from existing agricultural production units;
B. present the diversity and hazards on cultivating such products, proliferation methodology of these products and utilization and uses of such products,
C. record and present the European current situation of these products cultivation as well as the current situation in participating countries (Greece, Italy, Spain).
Certification practices for agriculturists, producers & processing food industries of super foods & aromatic herb
- Establishment of common certification policies on production, processing and packaging of super foods and / or aromatic herbs;
- Certification process of existing professionals, on production, processing and packaging of superfoods and aromatic /medicinal herbs.
The aim is to create the circumstances and give the right information and support to interested parties (Breeding farm processors, food machines manufacturers, agro-food systems producers, logistics & trade professionals) regarding the certification process of their agro-food products production, processing and packaging. The adoption of common policies regarding the stages of planting, cultivating and maturation of the seeds & herbs need to be certified in order to enhance the competitiveness of the participant producers. This output is including activities regarding the establishment of a common policy process for the professionals producing or processing or packaging super foods and/ or aromatic-medicinal herbs as well as the opportunity for some of them to be certified for the quality of their products and the production process they are following, through a pilot certification methodology.